Understanding the Process of Removing a Tree
If you have a dead, diseased, or unstable tree in your yard it’s a good idea to have it removed before it becomes an issue. It’s valuable to have an understanding of the tree removal process so that you can make an informed decision.
There are several factors that come into play when removing a tree, so we’ve prepared a little guide to help you.
Most tree removal companies will likely include the following steps as part of the tree removal service:
- Cutting branches and disposing of them
- Cutting the tree trunk into pieces
- Cutting the tree down to a stump
At an additional charge, you can usually also request that they grind the stump, split the trunk, and dispose of the trunk. These are details you can discuss with your certified arborist to determine the best services for your needs and take your budget into consideration.
- The height of the tree – trees under 30ft are considered small, anywhere between 30ft and 60ft is a medium tree, and trees in excess of 60ft are considered large. Some trees even extend beyond 80ft and are particularly tough to remove. The taller a tree is, the more difficult and dangerous the task of removing it is, therefore the cost of service will increase for taller trees.
- If the tree is dead – dead trees are also tough to remove as they’re usually less stable, increasing the risks associated with removing it. The tree removal company you hire can assess the tree to determine the best steps for removing it.
- Position of the tree – your quote for services will likely increase if the tree is in a location which is difficult to access.
- The diameter of the tree – the thicker a tree trunk, the more difficult it is to cut through it. Thicker trees with a wider diameter will cost more to remove.
The price for tree removal services are usually calculated on a case by case basis depending on the tree needing to be removed. There are a number of factors which affect the cost of having a tree removed. These can be:
Prices for tree removal services can vary greatly depending on which company you choose to hire. It’s always best to consider the quality of services as priority as tree removal is a high risk job and it’s important that it’s done correctly and by professionals.
Why You Should Hire a Professional
Tree removal is an incredibly dangerous job that requires specialist equipment and extensive training to ensure that the workers are safe as well as the surrounding area.
There can also be complications with removing trees which you may not be aware of. Certified arborists can assess the tree and determine any risks or complications that may arise with its removal. Please refer to our previous blog post, Why Should I Hire an Arborist, for more details on the importance of hiring a professional to remove your trees.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our tree removal services, please don’t hesitate to contact us here at Empire Tree!